IJA-Canada Legal Stuff
As submitted to and accepted by Industry Canada, the IJA-Canada objects are the establishment and operation of a jousting club, for the purposes of:
and other such complementary purposes not inconsistent with these objects.
- fostering interest in competitive jousting and other mounted games in a medieval reenactment setting;
- fostering interest in proper horsemanship;
- encouraging the proper training of people in jousting and gaming abilities;
- encouraging the proper training of horses for use in jousting and mounted games;
- encouraging and sanctioning matches and competitions between interested parties;
The order of precedence of the governing documents of the IJA-Canada is as follows:
- Laws and Statutes of Canada
- By-Laws of the IJA-Canada
- Members Book of the IJA (our parent body)
- Members Book of the IJA-Canada
Income Tax - As a non-profit organization, the IJA-Canada is exempt from paying Income Tax.
GST (Federal Goods and Services Tax) - As a defined "small supplier", the IJA-Canada is not required to register for, collect or remit GST to the federal government.
RST (Provincial Retail Sales Tax) - As a corporation doing business in Ontario, the IJA-Canada is required to collect and remit RST for taxable goods sold and delivered in Ontario.
IJA-Canada memberships are tax exempt.